Welcome to the home of iHiD. This site is a mixture of information, blog posts, and project homes for things created by me, Jeremy Walker, a 28 year old software developer from Birmingham, England.
I'm the technical co-founder of Meducation, a social education network for medical students and junior doctors. I am a big believer in open source software and I maintain a few open source projects on Github. I also contribute to existing projects where I can. If you have a project you'd like some help maintaining, please contact me.
I write my thoughts on my blog. They're mainly to do with technical things, specifically Ruby on Rails issues, but occasionally on other topics. I have started writing for publications. If you would like me to write for you, please contact me.
Interesting technical articles I've written:
- Backbone.js, Coffeescript, Jasmine, Haml and Rails working together
- Techniques To Secure Your Website With Ruby on Rails ( Part 1 · Part 2 · Part 3 )
- Markup Your Blog Using schema.org
Recent Blog Posts
- Changing YAML parser to Syck in Ruby on Rails
- Why Doctors Should Learn to Code
- Emerge Venture Lab
- Open Space Conferences
- Rails' update_attribute is deprecated from 3.2.7